STA Seascooter Course
The STA Seascooter Programme is a series of 3 progressive awards (levels 1, 2 and 3), which are designed to introduce skills and techniques required for safe and enjoyable use of the Seascooter range in a pool environment.
All participants must be a minimum of 8 years of age and competent swimmers.
Competent Swimmers are defined as:
Level 1 - Swimmers who are able to:
- Swim unaided for at least 25m.
- Tread water for 30 seconds.
- Able to wear swimming goggles.
Level 2 - In addition to the skills above swimmers who:
- Hold Pool Snorkelling Level 1 certificate.
- Hold Discover Seascooter Level 1 certificate.
Level 3 - in addition to the skills above swimmers who:
- Hold Pool Snorkelling Level 2 certificate.
- Hold Seascooter Aquajet Racer certificate.
Students who successfully demonstrate competence in all the assessment criteria and achieve the prescribed learning outcomes will be eligible for the appropriate Seascooter Award (levels 1-3). These are available for purchase in advance from the STA.
Swimming Teachers and/or Teacher/Examiners are able to teach the Seascooter Awards within their lesson programme provided they attend a seminar of instruction.
For Seascooter downloads and resources please click here.